Hello everyone! This week was super awesome!! First of all, we found 4 NEW PEOPLE!!! Many many miracles happened this week. So many that I am going to have to go day by day and tell you what happened, even though that can be annoying.
Monday: We say a gorgeous sunset! It was like something you hear about or only see in pictures! It was breathtaking, seriously. We had fun struggle trying to take pictures that involved thin ice, and that is all I can say about that, but we finally found a good spot! We were able to get in contact with a lady that we have been trying to find forever! And we had a fun experience with an old school gas pump! We needed gas and our regular gas station was closed so we went to that one and we weren't sure how the pump worked...anyways, moving on.
Tuesday: We had district council and then we went to Rainy River. We were able to get in contact with a former person being taught, who became one of our new people! Super exciting! We also had dinner with the Johnson's and their sweet family, it was super fun. They were all so sweet!
Wednesday: We had a huge spiritual experience! This lady we had been communicating with on Facebook for awhile agreed to meet with us. We have been sending her some uplifting quotes and such every day to help her out. When we companionship study we decided to sing her a song. Sister Blaine and I felt very strong that we should sing,"Be Still, My Soul" so we did and the spirit was so strong. So when we went to Hazel's house we were talking for a while and got to know her better. When we sang the song eariler, it was good, but when we sang it to Hazel, it sounded beautiful! Now, those who have heard me sing a little but it is not a natural talent, but when we were singing, we sounded amazing!!! It was incredible!!We know that it was the spirit. When we were done, she was crying and we testified of how much the Savior loves her and other things that she needed to hear. She was smoking the whole time, but stopped for a minute and by the encouragement of the spirit I got down on my knees in front of her holding her hands and bore my testimony, when I was done she was still crying. We left with a prayer, and she said she felt a weight lifted from her shoulders. It was wonderful!
Later that afternoon, we were walking around Big Island, since it was March break no one was home. But we seen a guy we had talked to awhile ago, but he doesn't have a phone, but we had given him a Book of Mormon.But when we seen him on the street again, he asked us what our favorite story was. We shared Alma 18 with him, He shared some of the beliefs for the Ojibwe culture, and it was cool to see how they all tied to our beliefs. It was a good miracle, plus we were able to set a baptismal date with Selena!!! It was amazing!
Thursday: We did a weekly planning, and were in the cabin all morning, but by a huge miracle, we were able to contact a guy and count him! And then we were invited to a fish fry! Wall-eye is delicious, I usually hate fish but I tried it and loved it. Its funny the things I've come to like on my mission! All because I don't want to insult people and their cooking, its ridiculous and humbling.
Friday: We went to a lesson with our new person Fiona. It was a cool spiritual experience. We also had a great lesson with Selena! A day full of miracles!
Saturday: We had interviews with President Hitchcock and a fireside, since it was Branch Conference weekend.
That's pretty much all I have to share, but it was an amazing week! The weather is starting to warm up and we were able to sit out on the front porch for awhile. I love you all, have a great week. Love, Sister Talbot



No comments:
Post a Comment