This week has been a long one ! We started out having exchanges from Tuesday night to Wednesday and didn't come home until Wednesday night. It was really fun though! I went on exchanges with Sister Connover she is so nice. We went to an apartment complex and met a guy who lived there. He and his wife are from Brazil, and he is teaching his wife about the church and English, it is so cute. Sister Connover and I went street contacting and we ended up giving away 2 Book of Mormons, talking to a few, and accidentally knocked on a Jewish household. The mother answered the door and kind of told us off.
Sister Blaine and I talked to a new guy that we found and it was a difficult lesson. He didn't really want to listen to us, so that wasn't to fun...but that's okay...press forward.
Anyways, we have been hearing that there is supposed to be Northern Lights soon and so we have been trying to see it. We were excited the other night and both had dreams about them.I dreamed that I looked out and there they were. Sister Blaine said that I sat up in bed and did just that, I don't remember doing anything or seeing the lights, but I guess I did. We have really been enjoying the sun, but that also brings lots of mud and water on the roads which makes our car super dirty.
I was doing my studies about the Atonement on Sunday morning, and I looked in the Bible Dictionary for the definition of the Atonement. The first part is "At one" Jesus Christ was at one with the Father and His will when He suffered for us. He suffered and died so that not only could we be at one with God, but so that He could be at one with us. When we repent, we are aligning our will with God's. We are changing to become better, and we are allowing the Savior to heal us. I have come to realize that the Atonement is not just for when we do something bad. I already knew that, but I hadn't ever fully understood how, until now. What ever we are going through, we can always turn to the Savior and use His Atonement to heal us physically, spiritually, or however else we need. Just remember this, the Savior will not rescue us against our will! We must turn to HIM! I encourage you all to read Alma 34, reflect on how to use the Atonement. Turn to Him, with sincerity, get on your knees, and pour your heart out to Him. Ask Him to help you change, heal be forgiven, or to forgive, or to just feel His love for you! He will answer you, in Alma 34:31 it says "if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought upon you.
Remember, have a open mind, sometimes the answer we get isn't always the one we think we want. But listen to the spirit, and follow the promptings, your burdens will be lifted. Look at the pictures in this weeks Come, Follow Me pages of the Savior and Peter, when Peter sinks in the water and Christ is holding onto him.The Savior is looking right at him, but Peter can only look at his hands. But look at Him, turn to Him every day and trust in Him. Allow Him to help you, he won't let you sink.
Let Him in, let Him heal you, and let yourself be lead back to the arms of the One who died to save you. He knows and loves you, I bear witness that He lives and that He is mindful of us. I know the words of the Book of Mormon are true, and by reading it every day , we will feel closer to Christ. I promise you these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I hope you have a wonderful week, I love you!
Love, Sister Talbot

No comments:
Post a Comment