Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well! I am so excited to announce that I am training the bestest sister ever! For those of you who don't speak mission, being a mom (or dad) means you're a trainer. Her name is Sister Southwick and she is from Boise!!!!!! Like Idaho!! She grew up on a farm, loves vines and memes, and we are like two peas in a pod! I love training, it is great!
This week has been so crazy, we didn't get a ton of finding done, but that is okay! Our ward Christmas party was this weekend and it was pretty fun! We had a really good lesson with a lady this week and she said she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon! The Spirit was super strong! We also had a really good time finding and stuff!
Last night we had a super good lesson with a couple and the husband's mother made us some African food! It was so good! We talked to them about the family a proclamation to the world and his mom really liked it. They all really liked it actually. So that was good!
In sunday school this week, we discussed the Come, Follow Me lesson about Revelations and as we were talking about overcoming and enduring trials, one of the guys in the back said that "Hard times come to pass, they don't come to stay." I loved that so much because it so true! Someone else said "Our fear comes from the focus on what we can't see-we don't want to see what lies beyond, just what's in front of us. If we gain a bigger and more realistic vision of what's out there, we won't be as scared." Y'all! We have the Lord, Jesus Christ to guide us through the dark. Something someone told me once is that we should run towards what we want to become and what we want, we shouldn't run away from who we were, and what we don't want to be. All of these things are so true, my friends. If we will just keep our focus on the Savior, and trust that He will keep us safe, all our fears, our doubts, our worries, all of it, will be gone!
I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Talbot
No comments:
Post a Comment