Thursday, December 26, 2019

What a Week!


Hi everyone! I'm soo sorry I didn't write last week, I only had time to write a few personal emails! So this week was good, crazy, but good! I gave a talk in church yesterday about why small and simple things are effective, it was good! No one laughed at my jokes, but they were good, I promise. Idaho humor is much different from Saskatchewan humor 😅
 Something so crazy happened this week. The Wanuskewin elders are teaching this amazing girl who I love to death, she's so sweet! Anyways, she was having a hard time so she asked the elders if she could meet with us, so we did, and talked to her for a while. Afterwards, we were able to contact some members and find her some winter gear cuz she didn't have any. It was sooo awesome to see her face light up! She's awesome ❤️
 Another awesome thing that happened this week is we set a baptismal date with a lady we haven't been able to contact in 2 months!! We also found 8 people and had 3 people come to church! That's huge! It was so crazy!
For the first time, I had borscht. Which for those of you who don't know, it's a Ukrainian/Russian soup that's made of beets, potatoes, beans, mostly root veggies(?) and I don't like beets so I was nervous to try it but it's actually so good!! Add a little salt and sour cream? 👍👍
  It hit - 35 Celsius with the wind chill yesterday...yuck lol
Also, I'm training again!! Straight outta the MTC!! Sister Salanoa is going to the YSA in Winnipeg! I'm so nervous to train but also so excited!
For a Pday activity, we went to the zoo! It was so cool, we were freezing but we saw wolves and all sorts of things! Caribou, cougar, owl, meerkats, it was awesome. 
 The Christmas Devotional was so good yesterday! Something I loved is when President Oaks said "Peace is our Savior's promise and peace is our goal." I'm so thankful for the Birth of the Savior and for the best Gift this world has ever received because of our loving Heavenly Father. This Christmas, look for peace and share it with others.
 I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment