Hello everyone! How was your week?? Ours was pretty great! Today, I made the best potato salad I've had in... A long time...
Anyways, it was yummy! So yesterday, we were taking a walk around the University of Manitoba and we ended up walking around the entire Winnipeg Blue Bombers football stadium, and then having to walk all the way back to the church. It took two hours and we had terrible walking shoes on so that wasn't fun
my heels had little blisters but Sister Nelson was worse off haha she was sore, sunburnt and her feet were blistering so needless to say I felt bad
but, as we were walking back, we decided to take a shortcut through the grass and as we walked we noticed there was tons of garbage everywhere. (Winnipeg is kind of a dirty city and the wind blows trash all over the place) We were talking about how we felt like the Israelites because it was so hot and we were tired and thirsty and then we were like, "Wow, we need to stop complaining." And then as we walked, we talked about how we wished we had a bag to pick up all the garbage. Well, God must've been tired of our complaining because moments later, Sister Nelson found a Safeway bag under a tree that was brand new with no tears or anything! So we used that to pick up a bunch of trash around the lawn. As we were about done, we were almost to the sidewalk when Sister Nelson just found a $20 bill on the ground! At first we thought about using it to buy groceries but then, we had the idea to put it in a Book of Mormon with a pass along card and our favorite verse marked and then give it to a homeless person! We're excited to see how that goes haha but yeah, it's been a great week! I don't have much to report as far as adventures go but I do have a thought to share.
As I was saying, our walk was pretty difficult. It was hot and we were thirsty and tired of walking. Then we thought of the Israelites out in the wilderness and how they too felt the same way, until they realized that they weren't happy when they complained so much, only when they followed God! I realized that unfortunately, the world doesn't revolve around me. Fortunately for us though, it does revolve around the Son of God, who gave His life for us. He did this so that no matter where we are in the world or in our lives, we would never struggle alone. I'm glad we had the opportunity to serve by picking up garbage. Some of it was gross, but it really helped us to get over or complaining! So just remember, when you feel like complaining, and life is hard and you just wanna give up, serve! Go and serve someone! It will help you to turn outwards and its so fun! Serve as the Savior would serve, and feel the Joy that comes with it. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Talbot
1. Bombers stadium
2. Sisters Call!
3. Outside the gates of the field
4. Walking on the University
5. Our great idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment