Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Tornadoes and Turtles 🐢🌪️

Happy Monday!! 

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy! This week has been awesome but also kind of sad. 

We found out our most progressing friend Wendy moved into another area. She is super sweet so we are sad to learn that she isn't in our area. 

We went "fishing" with our friend Grace and her son on Saturday which was fun! The Elders came because her son doesn't feel comfortable around girls lol. The Elders were trying to catch a turtle without any success. We got to peel down some walls with Grace which was good! Also, yesterday there was a tornado watch and the sky was all different colors and it felt really heavy and dark outside. Nothing happened but it was scary for a minute! There's been some awesome Lightning and thunder storms though! 

 This week, I want to share something with you from a General Conference talk called Take Up Our Cross: "Please never give up after subsequent failures and consider yourself incapable of abandoning sins and overcoming addiction. You cannot afford to stop trying and thereafter continue in weakness and sin! Always STRIVE TO DO YOUR BEST, manifesting through your works the desire to cleanse the inner vessel..." . I LOVE IT!! Don't let Satan win your heart! Keep STRIVING to do your best!! 
    There's a scripture in Helaman 7 where Nephi is lamenting to the Lord and preaching to the people, and he says this:"Yea, how could you have given way to the enticing of him who is seeking to hurl away your souls down to everlasting misery and endless wo? O repent ye, repent ye! Why will ye die? Turn ye, turn ye unto the Lord your God. Why has he forsaken you? It is because you have hardened your hearts; yea, ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd; yea, ye have provoked him to anger against you. And behold, instead of gathering you, except ye will repent, behold, he shall scatter you forth that ye shall become meat for dogs and wild beasts. O, how could you have forgotten your God in the very day that he has delivered you?"
   This life was never promised to be easy, that was Satan's plan. However, it is God's plan to provide a way for His Children to come back from sin and mistakes! He knows that we will not always make the right decisions, but thanks to Jesus Christ, our souls can be snatched from everlasting misery and endless woe. 
 I love you all and I hope you know how much God loves you and that Jesus is our Savior. He loves you so much! 


I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 
Love, Sister Talbot 

Pictures:
1. A wedding at the park we were at
2. Sister Nelsonand I by the river
3. In person District Council!!
4. The beautiful sky
5. Fishing and talking
6. The river
7. Fishing and trying to catch turtles
8. Beach Volleyball
9. The turtle we were trying to catch

No comments:

Post a Comment