What's up everybody? I hope your week was not as wild as ours Soo much has happened this week, it's crazy! First of all, it was Sister Nelson's 21st birthday so that was mega exciting. How exciting can a missionary's birthday be, you ask? Well, let me tell you. To start out, we don't get very good service in our apartment so we have to go out on our patio to take calls. We also have 2 sliding glass doors, and a screen. Our first sliding door has a wooden rod that we put there so no one can open it, since it doesn't have a lock. When we open that door, we lift the rod and prop it against the side so it just falls down when we shut it. The second door has a lock and then our screen door... Is just a screen door
anyways, when we went outside this particular morning, there was a bug between the second glass door and the screen, and I didn't want it to go inside, so being my wise self, I figured I'd just shut the 1st door and everything would be fine.... See the problem yet?
I LOCKED US OUT OF OUR APARTMENT! We also had no shoes or socks and no car key either
long story short after about 2 hours we were able to get someone to come unlock it
ugh. The rest of the day was pretty good, we had a little birthday party during dinner so that was super fun!
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Little Week of Horrors...And Blessings!
On Wednesday night, we went and talked to these Chinese ladies that come dance in our parking lot, and we asked if we could join them. They invited us to come on Saturday morning and that was so much fun! It was difficult because they dance so gracefully and quickly and I was like a little giraffe baby on ice
couldn't figure out what was going on or how to do it but it was super fun!
On Friday, we had Elder Ellis film our video for tomorrow and we are so excited! He's super awesome. Filming was super funny, I'm excited for y'all to see the video!
On Saturday night, we had a wild time. We walked in, put our stuff down and I went to take off my shoes when in the corner of my eye, I saw something. Turns out it was a spider hanging from the ceiling like 4 inches from my head
️
I flipped out, Sister Nelson flipped out, we sprayed it with cleaning spray that contains bleach cuz i hoped it would kill it, but it just dropped to the floor and ran but Sister Nelson got brave and killed it for us π€£ what an exciting time to be alive...we're pretty done with this apartment 

Anyways, I cannot believe this is my last full week in the mission!! It's so crazy. I want to share with you all a scripture I read this week that I absolutely love!
It's in Psalms 27:11 and 14. Verse 11 says "Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies". To me, it sounded like a prayer for the Lord to lead us in the right direction and then in verse 14 is His response. Verse 14 says "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." I love this verse because in verse 11, it sounds like we are asking to be led forward in a clear and simple path but in verse 14, it sounds to me like the Lord is just saying" Wait. Just wait and it'll be okay" I just love that because so many times we ask the Lord over and over to lead us forward and His plan for us is to just stay where we are. Trust in Him and let Him lead you as He will. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
️
Love, Sister Talbot
1. Birthday party
2. Fun picture
3. We walked someone's chihuahua...good times
4. Birthday dinner
5. Filming
6. Elder Ash on set 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment