Sunday, January 24, 2021

πŸ™The Start of Something New πŸ™

 Well everyone, this is it. This is my last email as a missionary. To be honest, I don't know what to say or feel. I don't have any idea where to start but I guess the beginning is as good a place as any.

 18 months ago, I received my mission call to the Canada Winnipeg Mission and my first thought was "where's Winnipeg?" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… well, here we are, 18 months later, literally in Winnipeg πŸ˜‚ 

   Anyways, jokes aside, these last 18 months have been so incredible in so many ways. I've had so many amazing experiences that I never thought could happen to me. I've both seen and felt the hand of God in my mission and in me. I've felt the power of the Atonement in every aspect and I've seen it change not only my life but the lives around me. 

    There's so many things I could say that I learned and what I did or felt or saw but I don't have that kind of time nor can I think of all of those things. Some are too special and sacred to share, but I will share one experience that taught me a powerful lesson. I was reading my scriptures one morning, and I felt prompted to study a few different things, and as I did, a picture of someone we were teaching came to my mind. They were dressed in a baptismal jumpsuit and both my companion and I were standing by them. Later, my companion and I were shocked because we'd studied the same thing for the same person! So we put together a lesson and we felt very strongly about it. But when we went to the person's house, she told us she was getting ready to leave in about 30 minutes for a trip. To somewhere. She was a very busy woman but really nice. We had no idea what to do because we'd thought for sure this was our chance to invite her to baptism. Instead, the Spirit whispered to us to give her a Book of Mormon instead. So we did, and testified of it. She gladly accepted it, but as we left I felt the sinking feeling that she would never read it. As we followed up with her later, my feelings were confirmed, much to my disappointment, and I later learned she'd told the Sisters she wasn't interested in learning about the Gospel. But what about baptism? Wasn't I supposed to see her get baptised? I slowly realized that just because she isn't ready now, doesn't mean she never will be! It's all in God's timing. 

    My friends, God's timing is the biggest lesson I've learned above all in my mission. God's timing is so perfect and He knows what we need when we need it. There's been so many times in my mission where I've learned about how perfect God's timing is, right down to the minute. It amazes me every time. He's so merciful and loving and He just wants to bless us! And let me tell you, I've been BLESSED on this mission. 
  
 I know that my Savior lives, and that He is the Son of God. I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the words of God. I know that President Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God and that he leads and guides this church through revelation from God. I know that this Church is JESUS CHRIST'S CHURCH! I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that he restored the church to the earth. I know the power of the Priesthood is real and that by keeping our covenants and the commandments, we will find greater happiness.

 I'm so grateful for all the things I've been able to do on my mission, for all the people I've served around, and for everyone I've met here in the North. God could never have sent me to a more beautiful place in the world. Thank you all so much for your love, your prayers, and your support. I love you all and I can't wait to see what this next chapter of my life holds for me!
 
 If you want to stay in contact with me but don't have any of my home info, I'll probably be using this email for a couple weeks so you can still reach me with this or Facebook. Thank you all again for being such bright lights in my life.

I want to share these last 2 scriptures with you, they're from 2 Nephi 9.
 "Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice...Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice."
 Rejoice and believe in the Lord's promises. ❤️πŸ™

With love, and joy, 
 Sister Talbot 








No comments:

Post a Comment