Tuesday, April 16, 2019

"Spring is sprung, the grass is riz, but I don't know where the flowers is..."

 Boozhoo everyone!! (That is hello in Ojibwe!) 
   
     I hope you are all having a wonderful week! This week has seemed to last all month and then today I looked at the calendar and oh my goodness,it's almost May! How crazy! We had district conference on Saturday and Sunday and it was so good! Our mission president basically called all the members out, it was great! He did so lovingly, however, so hopefully we see some changes happen in the branches! Also, Selena, one of the people we are hoping will be baptized was at District Conference!!!! It was awesome! The meetings were so good, it was great!
 
This week has been kinda weird. We've had lots of meetings....it's been a long one for sure. BUT! We saw some pretty cool miracles! First, this lady we have been trying to meet with forever, Sheila, is never home and never answers her phone, so we went to her house again, and she answered the door! We were able to have a super spiritual lesson with her. She is such a wonderful lady, she is just going through some really hard stuff. Then, we were able to find 2 new people this week! It was great! We gave one of them a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it, so that was awesome as well! Then, we went to another street, and knocked on a door. The lady answered, we introduced ourselves, and she got kinda mad and slammed the door in our face! It was kinda funny honestly. It's happened before, but I just wasn't expecting it to be that rudely done! 😂
 Oh yeah, to explain my subject line, that was something that Chuck, one of the members here said while we were at his and his wife's house for dinner. We saw a bunch of swans flying by because their house is next to the Little Grassy River. He was telling us a story about how one time last year, a swan flew into the power line and fried so when it fell on the ground, it looked like a pile of snow. It's terrible, but still a little funny! 

I am so excited for Easter! This week, I want you all to watch one of the two videos I am sending (ChurchofJesusChrist.org, Because of Him) and then share them on social media, and with the first person that comes to mind! When you do, talk to them more about the Gospel. Invite them to church, invite them to read the Book of Mormon. Invite them to do SOMETHING! And then follow up! (And then tell me about your experiences, because I would love to hear them!) District Conference really talked a lot this week about how we should "live the Gospel out loud"! Don't take out the Church parts of your stories when someone asks you what you did this weekend. Tell them! Share the Gospel with everyone! 

I know that this Church is true, and I am so thankful for the time that we have to ponder what the Savior has done for us. I know that Jesus Christ died for us and that He broke the bands of death so that we too could live again. I know that it is because of Him that I am here, and because of Him, we can all be forgiven. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and I encourage you all to study and ponder it. I am so grateful for the things the Lord has blessed me with, and I know He loves each and every one of us. I know Jesus Christ lives, and that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and I know that He knows each one of us, His sheep, by name, and I say these things in the sacred name of our Shepherd, our Healer, and our Master, Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all and I hope you have a great week! ❤
Love, Sister Talbot



No comments:

Post a Comment