Sunday, May 12, 2019

You Best be kidding me!

Sooooooooooooo I have a very short time to write and a lot to say so I apologize if this doesn't make sense.
Story #1 We got stuck on a road this week that hasn't been used in 20 years! We had no cell service, and no shovels to dig us out. So we prayed, and then started walking because we were pretty close to the hwy according to the map on our phones. Soo we start walking and long story short, this guy comes pulling up in his truck and is like "What are you doing out here?" He told us that he owns the surrounding 200 acres and that no one lives up there except him and his brother when they stay at his hunting cabin. He almost didn't come back but he decided for some reason to drop something off at his cabin! Huge miracle lol without him, we wouldn't have been able to get unstuck and we would've had to walk 10 miles to the road to get someone to come help us. It was a crazy experience. However, I can happily report that we are safe now haha we also saw so much wildlife! We saw a ton of beavers, bald eagles, otters, a fox, a coyote, deer, and a black bear!! 
 
Story #2 I cracked my phone a little from slipping on a steep wet rock in rain boots! We were weekly planning and heard this thunder-like noise outside. Turns out the ice was moving!! It was breaking up and flowing quite quickly across the water and it was cool! No pun intended! 

Story #3 The power went out! We were doing personal studies and the power went out! Well, we decided to just finish getting ready for the day, so I went to get in the shower. Well, I noticed the water pressure was weak, but I didn't think much of it...until I put shampoo in my hair and the water came to a stop.....I sat there for a sec and then Sister Blaine hears, "Ooh, you BEST be kiddin me!" from the shower. I said some other stuff but I won't say what. Anyways, I got out and got dressed and being the great companion she is, she helped me wash my hair over the sink with some of the water we have stored in case our well freezes again. It was great!

Story #4 Sister Blaine dyed my hair today! It looks great! 

We saw a ton of miracles this week, but one of my most spiritual experiences was when we called a guy who we have been trying to meet with for a while. He is a very nice guy, but he has had a hard life. We were talking to him about the plan of salvation, and he just would not accept the fact that he an be forgiven. While we were on the phone, I started to cry and by the end of the phone call, I was really crying. I could feel Heavenly Father's love for him so strongly. It broke my heart to listen to him. It really made me think of how often we refuse to let the Savior come to our rescue. How heartbroken our Savior must feel when we refuse to repent, when we refuse to be healed, and we refuse to let Him in. My invitation to you all this week is to read the talk "The Atonement of Jesus Christ" by Elder Tad R. Callister and then apply the Atonement to yourselves in whatever way you may need. LET THE SAVIOR IN. There is no other way to be whole and healed in this life, than through Jesus Christ. He is the only way we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father's presence. Like the woman taken in adultry, the Savior will not look down on us with anger, or disappointment, or even a harsh word. When you look into His eyes, you will find only love. He wants to help you, and He wants you to choose to come to Him. Like Elder Uchtdorf stated, "We cannot be rescued against our will." He will lift you up, He will help you become better, and He will heal every broken piece of you, because that's why He died. Forgive yourselves, turn to Him, and ask for help. I know that as you do this, your hearts will be filled with a peace you have never known. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have a great week everyone, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment