Saturday, May 4, 2019

Dirty Water and Dirty Tricks


  Hello Everyone! How was your week? Mine was good! Tuesday, I had a frightening experience courtesy of Sister Barrott and a dead bird. We were with the Warroad Sisters and we decided to go to the church and do comp study together. Well, while we were waiting for Sister Blaine to open the door, I didn't notice the bird, until Sister Barrott hollered "IT'S A DEAD BIRD!". Now a couple things happened after this. 1. I looked down and got scared because I was about to step on it, and 2. I did a little "Irish Jig" as Sister Blaine explained it. I also screamed my head off. It was scarring and hilarious for sure. It's still funny... 
The next day, we left exchanges in Winnipeg and interviews! It was kind of crazy, we were out of our area for 3 days and it felt like forever! Anyways, in Winnipeg, I got to sit and listen to a lesson that was all in Chinese for about an hour...it was really weird 😅 It was good though.      So the night before Selena's baptismal date, we still weren't sure if she was going to be baptized or not so we decided to clean out the font, which hasn't been used in over a year, and see how long it would take to fill it. Well, when we turned the water on, the water was straight brown for a few seconds...it was gross, but we got it cleaned out. Sister Blaine was a beast and mopped the whole font out. I just filled the mop bucket lol but once we got it cleaned up, we had to figure out how to drain it...which took about 20 minutes....however, we got it figured out. Then once the water got to a certain point, it wouldn't drain anymore. So we spent a little while trying to figure out why. Come to find out, it only drains a certain amount and then you have to mop the rest up...so Sister Blaine did that as well. I know, I know, that makes me sound very lazy, but there was only one mop and very little room for us both to clean it, so I scrubbed the steps. Saturday finally arrived, and unfortunately, Selena was not baptized. We are hoping we can get things figured out so we can set a different and more solid date! She continues to have faith, though. She is so awesome. 
    Friday night, when we were leaving the church, President Larsen (who lives next to the church) was out for a walk and noticed that we were still there and that it was about time for us to leave, so he had the bright idea to scare us. Now to give you a little background as to why this was a scary experience, I will start by reminding you that there was a deer that ate on the bushes here during the winter so it would run away from us if we saw it. That usually scared me. Also, President Larsen likes to prank and scare everyone, especially us. It's a game we both enjoy and despise lol. So when we were leaving the church, we were a couple minutes late. He had hidden in the bushes where the deer usually eats and as we walked out the door, we went two feet from the door and heard a rustling in the bushes, which scared me because I thought it was the deer. Well, you will be entertained to know that I went from scared to horrified when a large man came out from behind the bushes with wide eyes. I don't remember exactly what happened besides me screaming and then laughing. According to Sister Blaine, I turned and grabbed her hair as I ran down the sidewalk 😂😂 apparently my scream went in a crescendo as well 😂😂 I just remember being absolutely terrified. Nothing else lol so that was my weekly fun experience...
   On Sunday, Sister Blaine and I gave talks! I got a little fired up in mine, but I talked about choice and accountability, and Sister Blaine talked about how we signed up for mortality and why we need to repent. It was super good! In Relief Society, we listened to Henry B. Eyring's talk "Try, Try, Try" and it talked about basically everything Sister Blaine and I talked about, so that was really cool. I invite you all to go read it again, along with "Come, Follow Me" by President Russel M. Nelson. They are both so good! Along with those talks read Doctrine and Covenants 58:2-7. They are such good verses. Something I learned in my studies this week, from Jesus the Christ, is that we are like dead minerals. Without outside forces, or the Savior, we cannot be changed, or received back into God's presence. Without the help of Jesus Christ, we could never make ourselves clean enough to be worthy to be in God's presence. I knew that before, but reading that analogy, it really hit me. It is NOT by grace alone that we are saved. We have to willingly let the Savior make us clean and change our hearts. I challenge you all this week to allow the Savior to change your heart. I know He will and that He can. I love you all and I hope you know that God loves you. Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Talbot

Pictures:
1. Sunset on the finally open lake!
2. A Crawdad! I have never seen one before!
3. Crazy companions lol love her!
4. Sister Blaine lets me use her as a model for my pictures, she's awesome.
5.Another gorgeous sunset picture





No comments:

Post a Comment