Hello everyone! Hope your week has been great! Our weeks been crazy busy but awesome! We went on exchanges to Saskatoon and on my exchange with Sister Brooksby, we went to this lady's house and she has this cat....well, she was telling us about her last house and how the landlord thought there was something evil in the basement... So she said her cat was always mean and attacked people all the time. It was being nice though so it kept jumping onto my lap, so I finally let it stay there because Sister Brooksby is allergic and it kept trying to get to her lap buuttt, it started to shed....allll over me...but not just on my dress.... No no... In my braids as well. So when we were done, I was covered from head to foot cat hair.... Yuck!!!! Anyways, after that we went to this person's house and it turned out to be someone else, who said the person we were looking for was in the house across the street. So we knocked and actually had a good lesson with her! It was great! The next day, we had a couple of other lessons to go to and then we went street contacting. Sister Brooksby had to take a call so I started talking to people and ended up talking to this guy and his family, who said we could meet with them! It was great! After our exchanges, we drove back to Regina, which is about a 3 hour drive, but it is beautiful!! Just outside of Regina are rolling hills and cows and trees and wild flowers, it was awesome. It made me think a lot about home!
On Saturday, we went to do service for someone and she ended up wanting to learn more about the gospel, so we invited her to church, and she came!! It was awesome, and she said she really loved it! We're so excited for her. Also good news, Selena back in Bergland will finally be baptized soon!! I'm so excited for her!! She has been waiting for almost 2 years now!
I don't have many other adventures to tell other than cleaning out our vacuum this morning... 

Yuck...
But I do have a little something I'd like you to ponder this week. It's 3 Nephi 14:1-5, 7-8. I did a study on this the other day and I thought of something I'd never realized before. A mote is a speck, as in a speck of dust. And of course a beam, is much larger. When we remove our beam, our pride, our anger, our whatever it is, then will we see clearly our brothers mote. In the scriptures, it warns that we will be judged how we judge others. So something I did is make a list of what makes up the beam in our eye? Or sometimes in my case the whole tree
I then made a plan to bit by bit, remove it, so that I can have the clearness to see and judge righteously instead of presuming I know why someone is acting a certain way or why they feel or say what they do. I invite you all to do the same! Figure out what makes your beam and make a plan to remove it. The next part is even simpler. "Ask and it shall be given unto you." We always assume that it's talking about prayer in this scripture, but this morning, I realized sometimes it's not. When we feel like someone is angry at us or when someone meant to do something against us, instead of returning with anger and judgment in our heart, we need to ask. Ask the Lord first to fill your heart with charity, then ask the person what's wrong, how can we fix it so we are solid again. I know that as we go about fixing things with charity instead of judgements, we will be much happier in this life and it will help us solve a lot more than if we do it with anger. I hope you all have a wonderful week, love you!
Sister Talbot


No comments:
Post a Comment