Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Goodbye Regina!

  Well, that is all folks...I am leaving Regina and going to Selkirk, Manitoba!! I am so excited! My new companion will be Sister Foulger! I love her to death, she is great! I am so sad to leave Lewvan though! I am going to miss so many people here, including Sister Martin!
  This week has been fairly uneventful! Minus the time we went to help someone move...let's just say their house was ridiculously nasty. We had to take boxes of dirty dishes outside to wash them so they could be packed up and stuff....yuck! It was pretty fun though lol I also made pancakes that turned out to be really nice! I was surprised and proud of myself. We had 10 baptisms this past Saturday in the mission! 10!!! That is huge! We had 5 baptisms in our zone, which is also huge. The power of prayer is real!! I am so grateful I have had the chance to be here in Regina. The people are wonderful and so is the ward! I am so thankful for Sister Martin and all the fun we have had, and the lessons learned! She is a wonderful missionary. I hope all of you know how much I love you as well, and how grateful I am for your support, love, and prayers! 
   In my studies recently, I have come across something that I would like to share with you all. In Jesus The Christ,it talks about when the Savior was teaching about how we need to eat His flesh and drink His blood. Many of His disciples shortly thereafter left Him because they couldn't understand the Savior. As was the custom of the time among teachers, he used food as a way tot help people understand, but they didn't. When His apostles stood among the leaving crowd, He asked them if they too would leave His side. Peter was the first to speak up, and said "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.”
  Without pausing, the apostles stood by the Savior and truly knew that He was the only way to receive eternal life. They may not have understood everything He said, but they knew what they felt when He said it, and that was enough. They continually sought to understand, and they opened their hearts so the Spirit could testify to them of the truth. It really made me think about how long I would follow the Savior. Would I stay with Him because he could heal, raise, and give me an abundance of food? Or would I stay with Him because I understood that by "eating His flesh and drinking His blood"  I would be taking upon me His name,following His commandments, following Him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength? When we seek for understanding and trust in the Savior, we will receive the truth through the Holy Spirit. That has always been a promise given to God's children. So when you find yourself not being able to understand why we have to follow a certain commandment, or why we have to do hard things, ask, trust, and move forward to the Savior's side. As Peter said, Jesus  is the Christ, and He is the only one with the words of eternal life. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, I love you!
For the last time from Regina, SK,
Sister Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment