Sunday, September 22, 2019

Columbus = first sailor?

Hellooo everyone! How was your week? As usual, my week was terrific! We saw so many miracles this week and made lots of breakthroughs! The first was our miracle with a lady we are teaching. She has had a difficult life and was angry at God for a long time. Well, we hadn't met with her in two weeks and before that we had asked her to read a chapter in the Book of Mormon. We didn't think she had read until we got to the lesson. We were chatting with her and then she says..."So I had a conversation with God yesterday." Sister Foulger and I were both floored!! It was amazing. She had also read and  taken notes on the Book of Mormon scripture we had left her and asked us for another one. After that, we went out to dinner with a lady we have been trying to meet with for weeks. She is so sweet! Another miracle that happened is that one of the ladies we have been trying to build trust with finally opened up to us! It was great! 
   So we went to visit some members and we stopped by the Evans. As we were talking, their 4 yr old little girl looks at my belly and then looked up at me,and says "Are you gonna have a baby?" I laughed and said "No..." Sister Evans then says "It takes 2 to make a baby, hun" Her husband laughs and looks at us and says "Didn't think you would be having the birds and the bees talk when you cam over did ya?" 
 Another funny story, we were walking to the store at dinner, and on our way back to the car, we ended up talking this guy who, to make a long story short, believed that our beliefs were confusing because no on was here on the American continent before Columbus...and that no one sailed before Columbus....hmmm...

Anyways, something we talked a lot this week is about faith. Something I have learned since being on my mission is that God is so aware of each of His children. He loves us so much. There is nothing He loves more than you. He loves us so much that He sent His Only Begotten Son to die for us. When we are in times of trouble, the Savior will always be there to help us. I know that He is aware of each and every one of us. He has felt our worries, our fears, our doubts, and He knows what we need. He will take us unto His arms and He will always be with us. No matter what we have done in our lives, His grace and mercy protects us and provides the way to return to our Heavenly Father. In April 2012, Henry B. Eyering gave a talk called Mountains to Climb and he says something I really love; "The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up.And He always keeps His word."  I know that even when it's hard to believe, the Savior is with us and He is walking with us through life. He has never left us alone. We will never be alone, in this life and in the next. I love you all and I hope you have a blessed week! ❤
Love, 
Sister Talbot
P.s. I'm at 9 months!! So insane!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment