Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Ya boi,fancy man, and other such things!

  Hellloo my people! How are you all doing? This week has been all sorts of crazy. We have seen some pretty strange things here in Selkirk. First and foremost, they are filming a Hallmark Channel movie called Christmas Club, so if you see a hallmark movie that has a place called Riverside Grill in it, that place is just down the street from us! Fun fact, Julia Roberts was here like a week ago at McDonald's! We did not see her unfortunately, so I can't confirm the news, but that's what I heard! 
   
  So some funny things that happened this week are first, Sister Foulger got locked in the bathroom because our doorknob is weird and it locked her in hahaha so we had to take the doorknob off the bathroom door to get her out and leave it off so we can not have that happen again! Second, we have been playing monopoly a lot lately in our supper time and at night before bed! Well, we got a little competitive and I ended up running out of money so I ended up being $526 dollars in debt to Sister Foulger with no way to get money 😂 it was a great game, but we have come to the conclusion that if you want to win the game, the hat is the key. Whoever plays with it just has so much luck for some reason! And for the final and probably best story, the story of  ya boi, fancy man! This guy came to the soup kitchen we were volunteering at and he was wearing a fedora with a pheasant feather in it, and lots of big rings, and chunks of crystals and stuff around his neck. I thought he was pretty cool but didn't think much of it. AND THEN a day or two later, we saw him, walking down the street! Since then, we have seen him all over the place so we decided to talk to him! Well one day we did. We saw him and we were like "Hey its fancy man!" so sister Foulger did a u-turn and parked then we walked down the street to talk to him. He said he would be okay with talking to us about the gospel, but he is kind of shy. So we went our ways and then the next day we were walking and he had missed the appt we set with him, so we did another u-turn, parked again, and then went to invite him to church. He never came, but it turned out that he lived on the same street we had just been tracting on! It was wild. 

 This week has been full of tender mercies and trials, but I am so grateful for the things that I am learning. I love that no matter where we are in life and what we are going through, the Lord is aware of us. As we study the Book of Mormon as a mission, we have been asked to mark certain things and so far, it has really helped me learn more than I ever have about the Book of Mormon. One thing I love is seeing Nephi's conversion. Sister Foulger pointed out yesterday that you can see him grow from his parent's testimony, into his own, and how he becomes more and more spiritually independent. The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God and I am so thankful we have it. I love you all and I hope you get the chance to read Nephi's conversion this week. Have a great one!

Love,
Sister Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment