Saturday, September 14, 2019

Forget Me Not


Hello everyone! How was your week? Ours was great!! We have been pretty busy with transfers and a district meetings but that's okay, we've had fun! Not too many stories to tell this week. We did a lip sync video to "Send Me On My Way", that song from ice age, so that was funny! 

So this week we did lots of stop bys and found a few potentials. So that was pretty cool also. Anyways, that is pretty much all the fun stuff we did. I listened to a talk by Elder Ucthdorf called "Forget Me Not"  and it talks about how God Knows us and loves us. He was talking to the Relief Society sisters of the Church but I think it applies to anyone. In his talk, he asks us to remember these 5 things.

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.
    "Dear [saints], many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others. Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself."
2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
     "Every person and situation is different, and a good sacrifice in one instance might be a foolish sacrifice in another.
How can we tell the difference for our own situation? We can ask ourselves, “Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?” There are so many good things to do, but we can’t do all of them. Our Heavenly Father is most pleased when we sacrifice something good for something far greater with an eternal perspective."
3. Forget not to be happy now.
"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."
4. Forget not the "why" of the gospel.
"Let us not walk the path of discipleship with our eyes on the ground, thinking only of the tasks and obligations before us. Let us not walk unaware of the beauty of the glorious earthly and spiritual landscapes that surround us."
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you.
"...wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love.
Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!
He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name—you are the [children] of His kingdom."
I love this talk and I love you all. I hope you have a great week! I know that God loves you and that Jesus Christ loves you. I have to go, I am sorry that this email is sooo short, but we have to go. Anyways, I love you, bye! 
Love, Sister Talbot



No comments:

Post a Comment