Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Adam Levine, Post Malone, and lots of miracles!




Hello everyone! I hope you have all had a good week! Our week has been kind of slow but so full of little miracles and even some big ones! I'm sorry I didn't email last week, I ran out of time. Anyways, this week, we went to go finding, and we stopped by someone who had been taught a long time ago. A man answered the door and said we couldn't come in because his wife was dog-sitting for a lady across the street, but he said we could come back another time. (He looked like George Clooney, it was kinda cool). So we went to another house across the street and the woman that answered was the wife of the guy we just talked to! It was so funny!
   I don't know why but I always see people that look like the dollar store brand of celebs! It's weird. Anways, we were going to Walmart last week and we saw this van pass and in the next van that passed, the guy driving waved at us, and I SWEAR it looked like Adam Levine! So I was like "....wait! Was THAT ADAM LEVINE?!" Sister Foulger laughed at me and was like "No." ðŸ˜‚ It looked like him, I swear. Then later that day, I saw a guy that looked like Post Malone, so all I have to say is that Selkirk is full of celebs😂😂  We also went to Fisher Branch this weekend, which is a small town north of Selkirk, and taught a part member family. We met them at a member's house and we all had lunch and did some activities, it was really fun! On our way back, when we got to Selkirk, we saw this couple working out in front of their house, trying to shovel dirt. The lady had her baby on her hip and a shovel in her other hand, so we decided to go help them. So Sister Foulger parked the car and we went  to their house and asked how we could help. They were super nice and even bought us pizza! We talked with them for a while about church and what we do as missionaries. It was really cool! Hopefully they will have a desire to learn more about the gospel!

This week, Sister Foulger and I got to help teach a youth sunday school class, and we split it up so that each of us were teaching different points. My point was about temptation and how God helps us overcome it. Now, because they're teenagers, it was obviously a bit of a distracted class, and they are very funny! As the conversation kept getting way off track, I felt prompted to share my testimony about overcoming temptations. As I shared, the Spirit became very strong. It was amazing. I want to share a little bit of that testimony with you all. 
  When I was in high school, I thought I knew everything. I didn't think my mom was right about anything. After all, her advice was for her teenage days, there was no way she could understand, right? She was completely right! I wasn't living the gospel, nor was I listening to the Spirit at all. As a result, my spirituality was weakened. I knew the gospel was true, but I didn't have spiritual strength. So when faced with temptation, I was more prone to give in. It wasn't until my senior year that I realized that I was about to be living in the real world. So I decided that if didn't want to struggle, I better start listening to my mom, my seminary teacher, and most importantly, the Spirit. As I read the Book of Mormon all the way through, prayed sincerely, repented, and made the changes necessary to be in tune with the Spirit, I saw a difference in my life. My desire to good was stronger, and it slowly became easier to resist temptations. Like it says in 1 Corinthians 10:13, God will not allow us to be tempted above what we can handle. He will always make a way for us to escape temptation. You can overcome. It just takes listening to the Spirit, and trusting in God enough to know what you have to do. I encourage and invite you all to ask Heavenly Father what you can do every day this week to strengthen yourself spiritually! I promise that as you do, you will see that it becomes easier to spot temptations and choose to resist them!

 I love you all and I hope you're doing great! Keep being amazing and I'll talk to you next week!
Love, 
Sister Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment