Sooo when we got to our apartment building, Sister Foulger looks at me and goes "soooo....our apartment is really really dirty...." I said "okay..." she continued,"because....it was fumigated..." I go "okay...?...wait, why was it fumigated??" And she stares at me with such a dismayed look and goes "because we had cockroaches...but not real cockroaches, they're oriental cockroaches" Sooo in other words, the apartment below us had the "fake roaches" so they had to fumigate the surrounding apartments as well, including ours. What I didn't know, is that when they fumigate stuff, it get's chemicals everywhere so I opened the fridge before we had wiped it down, and then my arm started to itch and get hives, but it looked more like bubbles heh....0.o so I was like "Hey, why is my arm so itchy and broken out?!" Long story short, I touched chemicals which were bad so it made me break out! Haha welcome to Selkirk!!! BUT I actually love this area, it is beautiful, the branch is super awesome, and the people are great! I am so excited to see what lies ahead for the next few weeks!
My first day here, we had a really spiritual lesson with a lady as she was asking us questions about the Book of Mormon and why it was so important. As I bore my testimony to her, I thought about the truths I know. I know the Book of Mormon was written for us to learn. The prophets who wrote in the Book of Mormon saw our day and gave us advice from the Lord and from their time! Tell me the Lord doesn't care and that He doesn't talk to His children anymore! God loves us, and through Joseph Smith, we have been given proof that God cares for all of His children, and that there is a living prophet today. I know that this is Jesus Christ's only true and living church on the earth today. I know that through study and prayer, we can all receive a witness of the Book of Mormon, and the truth it contains. I encourage each of you to read it, and pray about it, and as Nephi says, " ...If they are not the words of Christ, judge ye-for Christ will show unto you, with glory, that they are His words..." (2 Nephi 33:11) Read it and judge for yourselves and you will know that the words are true. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love you all, I hope you have a wonderful week!
Sister Talbot
No comments:
Post a Comment