We shovelled a lot of drives this week. One of the people we shovelled was a cute family who just had to take their dog to be put down and the dad was out of town so they really appreciated the help. It was fun! We also shovelled the driveway of an old man who said he wasn't interested in the Gospel when we first met him, but his heart really softened when we wouldn't let him pay us. It was so cute. It's so fun to see people's hearts change when you offer free service or when you don't try to convert them on their front step. Sometimes it takes looking at them from different angles.
Something we have been doing lately is an online scripture study to help us find some new friends so if you get some time, go watch our videos, ask/answer questions, and share with everyone you can! You can find it by searching @ SaskatoonScriptureStudy on Facebook! Thank's y'all!
Something that I learned this week comes from the YSA devotional from last night. I LOVED when Elder Christofferson said "You can't have everything, where would you put it?" It's so true! We can not sit on the fence of life. If we don't make choices, we will never have anything but a scrambled life. I don't know about you but I prefer my life to be not scrambled! As Elder Christofferson was talking, I learned that we really don't need everything! All we need is the faith that Heavenly Father will provide for us and the knowledge that the Savior died for us so that we could live forever. Everything else will take care of itself as we work hard to make good choices. Make a choice and commit to it! Or as our elders say, FULL SEND IT! Make the choice to follow Christ and send it! I promise that when you do, your life will be full of beautiful experiences and memories that you will treasure in your eternal life. The temporal riches and what not won't be in the Celestial Kingdom with us. It will be the education we chose to receive, the memories we made, and the hearts we made light. I know God lives and loves each one of us and He wants us to make good choices! Be strong and have a great week, everyone, I love you!
Love, Sister Talbot
1. My last name written in Chinese
2.Freezing but havin fun
3.My new favorite pic of the Savior
4.The Moon!!




No comments:
Post a Comment