Monday, March 23, 2020

Has anyone looked in the camping section?

 Hello fellow survivors 🤣 I shouldn't joke, it's a serious matter, but still....we were standing in line in the grocery store yesterday and we saw a People magazine with a title that said "I survived the Coronavirus, one man's story" i about lost my mind 🤣 like come on people. But it's true, it's a quick spreading thing so wash your hands, people, don't be one of those grodies that leaves the bathroom without washing your hands properly. 😷🧐 Scrub them things!
 To explain my title for this week, I remembered a joke from Bill Engvall I heard once about rapidly dissolving toilet paper and I wondered.... Has anyone thought about taking a stroll through the camping section and buying some of that? I'm sure it'll last you long enough. 😅 Hehe anyways, I hope you have all had a good week. Our week was fun! We had zone conference and it was really good. We've had to stay inside for most of the week because we haven't felt the best but we managed to find 6 new friends!! They are all very different which is cool...ones from Mexico and speaks Spanish, the others are German but have lived in Mexico and the others are a cute Mennonite family. I think it's so cool how even in the middle of nowhere, there's so many different cultures still! 
    When we found our Mexican friend, he thought we spoke Spanish and kept talking to us in that language, it was funny because I haven't taken Spanish since my first 2 years of HS and he said " Que es tu nombre?" 'What is your name? and at first, I thought he asked our number and told him that, then it registered with Sister Smith that he wanted our names. So she said 'Hermana Smith and Hermana Talbot.' Thank goodness for the tiny bit of Spanish I've been learning on Duolingo and for the Spirit helping us to understand!! 😂
 We were suprised when we found out that church had been cancelled worldwide due to the Corona virus, but I know that everything is done in the Lord's knowledge and time. As we trust in Him and His plan, we will be able to have the comfort and peace we need to get through these 'frightening' and 'unsure' times. President Nelson's videos were very comforting as well. 
  We had to get a carwash the other day as our car was really dirty, however the day after we got it clean it just got super dirty again. So, I think we win the prize for the quickest car to get dirty! ...I promise, we do try to avoid the dirt and puddles. It just doesn't help when it snows and melts all the time haha.☀️ Also this week, Sister Smith and I have been drinking lots of herbal teas...I think I'm hooked haha! Anyway, she's gotten me to start liking them! So now we have a great variety of herbal teas at home which encourages us to drink more water...which is both of our goals. It's certainly a win/win situation! But on the other hand, it brings us back full circle to the tp situation! Hahaha anyways, it's been a good week and I'm so thankful to know that the Lord is at the helm of all this and He knows what is best for all of us. All we can do is continue to prepare spiritually and physically and trust in the Lord by following His commandments. And using common sense. Please stop panicking!! It makes everyone else panic too when there isn't a thing to worry about that the Lord has not already taken care of. He's watching over us y'all, just trust Him! I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week.
Love, Sister Talbot

1.FHE activity with the group 
2. I fell out of the shower yesterday 😂
3.Sister T with some tea in a tea bath (bath salts in a tea bag) 
4. We're funny
5. No TP for the second day in a row! 
5 Attachments
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment