Okay well it hasn't been a whole week since I got here, it's only been a few days but it's close enough! I am loving it here in Winkler and I am very happy to be serving with Sister Smith, she's wonderful!!
️ This week, I said goodbye to lots of people in Saskatoon and said hello to lots of wonderful new friends in Winkler. I'm happy to be here and I'm excited for the experiences ahead! Yesterday, we saw a super cool miracle! Sister Smith has felt very inspired to go through our list of people who have been taught previously so we did, and stopped by a family she felt good about. So we did and got to talk to them for a while! They are very nice and really interested in the Book of Mormon! Then after that, we had about half an hour left and we both felt like we should do another stop by. At the same time she was looking for another street to go to, I had the name Victoria pop into my head. So I asked if there was a Victoria St. and she said that she was looking at one on our map!! So we went there, parked and looked around before we prayed. Then after we prayed, we decided to go to 3 houses near us that had porch lights on. On the 3rd and last house we knocked on, they let us in and we were able to give them a Book of Mormon! The Spirit was really strong in both lessons it was great!
But yeah! I'm so excited for this transfer, it's going to be great! Our group doesn't even have a church, we meet in a library! We gave talks yesterday too about member missionary work. They were really good. Its a fun little group too. Lots of cute families. But anyways, I want to share a little bit from my talk yesterday.
It's from D&C 123:17 and it says, "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
I love this scripture because it reminds me that we need to do all we can to make the good things happen in our lives. God can't give us blessings if we don't put ourselves in the right places to receive them!

️ But I know that Heavenly Father wants to and will bless you as you choose to happily, or with a good attitude, do all you can to put yourself in the position to be blessed! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week this week!
Love, Sister Talbot
1.Our church sign
2. My welcome to the apartment from Sister Kaelin who is now in Selkirk
No comments:
Post a Comment