Saturday, March 7, 2020

Listening to the Spirit=Safety!

Hi y'all! This week was interesting. We had a fairly good week that was pretty uneventful. Until Friday that is. Friday night we went to our Bishop's house for Dinner and it was super yummy! They also have cute dogs. But anyways, afterwards, we were going to go finding and stop by this member so we went back to the highway and we accidentally missed the main road to his house so we decided to take this back road the map showed. But when we started driving it, the road was pretty bad and snowy, and I was thinking, "this is a bad road!" so I thought about turning around, and then I got covered head to toe in what I call "Warning Chills" from the Spirit, so we turned around and got back on the main road. Luckily we were only up the road a few yards from the main one. Then, after we stopped by the less active, we went back to Clavet to do some finding, as we planned to do. Well, we were gonna go stop by a former but we couldn't find her house so we went down this street at the end of the main road, and I was a little nervous to tract in the dark in this town, since it was unfamiliar. So when I saw this house, I pulled over to the side of the road to park, and I saw this statue across the street that was in no way evil looking or scary, but I just didn't like it so I said to Sister Southwick, "I don't like that statue, I'm gonna pull down there." So I pulled the car down the road a ways, and then parked again but I was still a little hesitant. So I asked Sister Southwick how she felt about tracting here, and told her I didn't really feel good about it. She agreed and said she felt off about the street too. We both had chills that got stronger as we drove down the road to turn around so we left quite quickly and did not feel better until we reached the lights in Saskatoon. It was so scary. We had the feeling that something was following us back until we came into the city, and it wasn't completely gone until we came to the church. Scary stuff! So yeah, following what the Spirit tells you is what will keep you physically and spiritually safe! Other than that wild adventure, the only other exciting thing that happened this week was exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders. It was really fun. We were able to do some stop bys and street contacting. It was fun! But yeah, sorry to disappoint with no more exciting stories, but I hope you have all had a wonderful week! I also hope you are preparing for General Conference! It's gonna be so awesome! I encourage you to really take advantage of your studies of the Restoration because whatever is coming for us in April, we need to be spiritually prepared! I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week! 
 Love, Sister Talbot
P. S. I'm the worst for two reasons! I didn't take any pictures this week and I didn't send my email last week so I am sending last week's email and this week's! Haha sorry! Have a great week! ðŸ˜Š ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment