But honestly, things are so good. We are white washing Dalhousie which means they took the two Sisters who were here and put to brand new ones in. It's crazy but it's fun, it's something I have always wanted to do!
This week, nothing really fun other than transfers happened....oh wait nevermind haha Sister Owen and I took a road trip to Winkler and dropped some notes off to some of our friends, it was great! I loved St. James for the short time I was there!
So funny story, in our apartment, we have found so many things that are Dill pickle flavored! Like almonds, some candy, chips, pickles, and lots of pickled asparagus and other such things.....oh and just some individually wrapped pickles...random! But the almonds and the candy are good. Just one more thing I have gotten used to since coming to Canada, they put dill in everything! Haha anyways, not much has happened other than that! I feel like I say that every week but only because it is true!
This week I wanted to share something I learned from my studies in the Old Testament! When Abraham was in the wilderness with his famiy, his wife, Sarah, couldn't have children, so she told Abraham to go to Hagar, her handmaid, and have children with her. So he did, and then some drama happened, and eventually Hagar and her son, (who was 14) were told to leave. So Abraham gave her food and water and sent them on their way. Well eventually, the water ran out and they were on their own in the middle of nowhere. So Hagar left her son by a shrub and went off in the distance to cry because she didn't want to see her son die. Now it doesn't say this in the story, but the context is there. Hagar's son prayed, with what I'm sure is great great faith, probably not just for water, but for his mother to be comforted, and probably for some deliverance from their situation, even though he was probably about to die of dehydration. Hagar also prayed, and probably pleaded for something similar. After hearing their pleas, the Angel of God said, " What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is. Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation." It says that God opened her eyes to see a well and she was able to then get water for her and her son. It says "And God was with the lad;" God was with them. Even though they had been cast out, tried, and dehydrated to almost the point of death, God was still with them because of a promise He made to them. Well I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure God has promised us to be delivered too. Not just from this pandemic, but from our sins, our trials, and everything else we face in life. Not just by water, but by the Living Water a.k.a. Jesus Christ. Is it any wonder that Hagar and her son needed water to survive and that it was revealed AFTER they were close to the edge of giving up and giving in? Just like Hagar and her son, we have been promised something great. Not just deliverance, but eternal life with our Heavenly Father. The only way to that is through Jesus Christ. So how do we get there? By following the example of many others throughout the scriptures and praying with all the faith we have for deliverance, help, hope, peace, or whatever it is that we need. I know that God keeps His promises and that He sent His Son to be the Water that will give us the strength to keep going and to return to our Heavenly Home. Things are hard right now. Loved ones have passed away, the world is facing a pandemic, some are facing financial crisis, and many more things. But this I know; God always answers the prayers of the faithful. So keep walking, and open your eyes to see the Well that He has for you to drink from. Help others on their way and keep pushing forward! God will get us through this, He promised. So be still, and trust Him. Keep going, keep praying, and turn to the Lord. He will be with us always.
I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Talbot

No comments:
Post a Comment