Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Just goosin' around!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Ours was awesome! We have had such nice weather here! I love it. Also, to explain my title for my email,  there's a goose laying eggs in our church parking lot. She just lays there, rain or shine. What a good mum!
 Anyways, not much to report this week. It was a pretty slow week. We had some really good lessons with our friend Selina. They were pretty miraculous actually! She reads the Bible and the Book of Mormon in english and chinese. She's awesome! 
 
 I love being in Dalhousie, it's so much fun, so is Sister Nelson! Let's just say that this companionship is a party! We work hard though too, for sure! Also we found a flip chart for missionaries haha it's old but it was cool! Other than that, I really don't have anything to announce besides I AM NOT COMING HOME! Only missionaries that have health problems are coming home! So yeah, that's about it.

 To end, I just want to share this quote that I found this week. It says, "God didn't design us to be sad, He created us to have Joy!" Seriously all this week my studies have been about how to find joy by serving other people. If we want to be happy, we need to pray, ask for inspiration, and then get to work! Serving ourselves is only going to make us miserable in the end. If we serve others with the intent to make them happy and  not expect anything in return, it will make us so much happier than if we were expecting something out of it! I've learned that this week too! I have tried to be happier but I was only really happy when I was serving my companion out of love not selfishness expecting blessings for my service. So yeah, there ya go eh? 

 Have a wonderful week everyone! I love you all! 
Sister Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment