Monday, January 28, 2019

"Do you mind if I make a bong?"

 Hello everyone! How was your week? Mine was pretty good! I am slowly adapting to the never above -26 degree Fahrenheit weather! Seriously, everyone was  right, I am freezing my tail off!!!! Once in a while it get up to the single digit negatives in Celcius and we could walk around outside with only 2 layers of socks instead of 3...but that is rare. Honestly it's not that bad if the wind is not blowing.Also did you know that there are women that are prophets and write scriptures? yep! I know, because I am one of them. Allow me to explain before you start to get scared of me being struck down by lightning. Sister Karr has a strange way of knowing if things will happen and thing like that so one day we were video chatting with our district for district council and she goes, "yeah, I knew you were going to say that." "Oh, how? 'cause I'm a prophetess!"It was hilarious!A couple of days later during personal study, I was just really feeling the Spirit so I started writing down the words in my mind. Well, after it was done, I re-read it and was like...woah! So Sister Karr comes walking down the hall to the kitchen and I looked at her and went I just wrote scripture...we had a nice laugh. Later when we got back home, after a rough time trying to find people to teach, I said,"You know I figured out why we can't find anyone...We're out speaking blasphemy!!" Sister Karr was like "What?" I said, "your a prophetess and I'm writing scripture!" No wonder we can't find anyone! She laughed a little, she doesn't think I'm as funny as I know I am!
 A fun thing happened this week is we went to music night at the Hall, which is the community center here in Berglund. One of the members of our branch, our landlord, and a man who was recently baptized were playing some really good but really old music! It was fun! We had dinner at the Larsen's last night and so Brother Fisk and Leonard played music for us again. I also made cookies today and they even turned out.

 I almost forgot, the subject of my story, We were out tracting and knocked on the door of a guy we had met at the band office in Big Island. He let us in and we were talking to him and asked if he wanted to learn more about the church. He said sure, so we sat down to teach him about the Restoration and he goes,"Do you mind if I make a bong?" Not sure what to do, so we watched him make a bong with a water bottle and a pen while we talked to him about the Restoration...interesting things happen all the time. You never really realize how sheltered a small town is until you leave.
 For a spiritual thought for the week, read Alma 26! It is my favorite!Another thing happened while studying "you're calling gives you authority, keeping covenants gives you power." I love that! I encourage all of you to find a conference talk you like from last year and read it! I love "Believe, Love, Do," by Elder Uchtdorf. Remember the small and simple things are great thing brought to pass! Love you all, have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Talbot


No comments:

Post a Comment