So this week was great! I got to meet David A. Bednar and shake his hand! I also met and shook hands with David Archuleta! I also met so many distant cousins and a few closer ones! Family search is so cool, plus I am related almost everyone here.
So to start with some really awesome things that are funny, the Elders in my district are hilarious. One of the Elders going to Canada with me got pink eye, and the other one had rolled his pants up in class and our teacher Brother Kim said "Elders, please pull your pants down," whoops! Earlier in the week we were having a lesson about when people run off topic in lessons and I said, "well, sometimes you have people that talk about their family that died recently and they end up talking clear back about their hamster that got vacuumed up when they were 7, we seriously had to take a break cause we could not stop laughing. We were really stressed that day there was so much that happened and it was rough. But! Laughter prevailed.
One of the elders showed us his "baptism dance", it was fantastic!
To focus on spiritual things, my companion and I have taught several TRC's which are basically teaching simulations with real people (who most of which are members) It was awesome, honestly! Our first one, Cindy, was wonderful, I invited her to be baptized and she accepted! Made my day! (until I found out she was a member) Our other TRC is Daniel. He kind of difficult to teach just because he doesn't leave us much room to talk, and I struggle with my teaching skills and confidence when I'm teaching. But that is why i am here! We got a media referral as well, his name is Juan. We asked him to read the Book of Mormon, and he accepted! We met with him yesterday, it was so cool. The spirit here is so amazing, I love it!
Christmas here was amazing, plus that is when we met David Archuleta.
And finally, my subject line. So for New Years, us and the sisters next to us were out in the hallway having a food party which was very fun. Close to midnight, i thought is would be great to start the new year with a prayer, everyone agreed. So we kneeled in a circle, and I said a prayer starting at December 31, 2018, and ending January 1, 2019. so very cool.
After, we hugged and this sister in our room, Sister Salvesen went to hug me and our faces went the same way and luckily we missed but I almost got a new years kiss! A little awkward, but hilarious! We then ran out in our p.j.s to take a picture, and could see fireworks in the background. Happy New Year everyone, make this year better than the last! Love you all!
with love, Sister Talbot
A new way to dry your tights!!!
A little facial with my companion!!
Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment