Hello friends and family!!!!!To explain my subject line, my dear companion, Sister Karr, just does'nt understand that when you come from Marsh Valley, you naturally say things like "Y'all" "fam" and "yeet"!!!We were tracting one night and I said something along the lines of "Yeet, Fam"She just stared at me and said "You are so ghetto"HAHA. We were dying of laughter, it was great!She has also added to my vocabulary and a list of weird food combos. Macaroni and cheese with pork and beans. Because what else was there to make for lunch on Pday...besides anything else lol it honestly wasn't bad, but i just laughed and said"we are super ghetto" honestly Sister Karr is the best, I love her. It hasn't been even two weeks and we have broken almost all comfort barriers like she said"who ever said your companions prepare you for marriage was completely right, its been a good week.
We meet with a woman named Elizabeth, who is First Nation, and she showed us a Book of Mormon she has that was in a house fire before she moved here and it was the coolest thing ever. The pages were barely touched, just the edges were a bit damaged. Tell me that isn't awesome! I have heard of things like this happening but it is so neat to see it in real life!!! She is the sweetest lady, we were freezing by the time we got to her house so she made us hot chocolate. In Sister Karr's words, "She's a homie".
Church was canceled on Sunday because the temperature outside was -40 celsius and fahrenheit!!!Its the same on both scales when it is -40...yikes!!!We stayed inside most of the morning because we aren't supposed to go tracting if it is that cold. Later it warmed up a bit so we went and seen some of our people. We went to Barb's, and her caretaker, Derok, made us a loaf of banana bread. He is awesome. He isn't baptized, but we are trying to teach him. It's complicated.
Visiting teaching and one of the first churches!
Anyways, zone conference was this past week, so we had to go to Winnipeg! It was fun! We did exchanges, I went with Sister Cruz, and that was fun...until we realised that I am not allowed to drive yet...that wrecked us a little! We figured it out though.
I hope you know how much I love and miss you all! I know this church is true and that Heavenly Father really watches out for us. He has given us so much. I am so thankful to be here in the Berglund branch and to be able to teach others about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is true. I promise that as you read the scriptures, and ponder them, and endure to the end, the Lord will continually bless you! Do the small and simple things, have Christlike love for others, and repent daily. I love you all!!!!Also if you send letters or packages send them to the mission office, the mail sistuation is complicated. Have a great week everyone!!!
with love,
Sister Talbot








No comments:
Post a Comment