Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Welcome to Canada!


 Hello, everyone! This has been a pretty good week! I love Canada! It's been so fun so far! My sweet companion Sister Karr is training me well and she is super awesome! I am currently in Berglund, Ontario and yes it is cold, but not to bad. I live in a cabin! It's cool! The work here is kind of difficult because we proselyte on a First Nation Reserve. They aren't called Indian reservations here, and if I remember correctly, people are kind of touchy about what you call it. But it is difficult because we only have a certain amount of kilometers we can drive a day and people are really spread out.Big Grassy is where we do most of our proselyting. It's cool, quite a few of the people are less active. What's also difficult is that no one is ever home. It's kind of hit and miss because for groceries and such, everyone goes to Winnipeg...which is 3 to 4 hours away...so they stay for a few days...BUT the area is beautiful! I saw a bald eagle today! Also I jinxed myself...there are spiders here...I killed one yesterday because we have a wood burning stove and it was in the wood...ugh. Very funny Heavenly Father...just kidding. It's amazing here! Super cool miracle yesterday, we were stopping by someones house and they didn't answer so we went down the road to another house and this guy and maybe girlfriend who happened to be the daughter of a lady we contact, were there and they allowed us to share the message of the restoration! They committed to read the introduction of the Book of Mormon and pray about what we taught them. It was awesome! I miss you all and love you, hope your all doing well!

I know this gospel is true and that God is truly looking out for us. He does answer our prayers and we have to be willing to accept the answer if we want to progress. He sent Christ here because He loves us. He knows everything we're going through and He wants to help. Let Him!

Also enjoy some cute pictures of my companion and me with 2 other sisters in our district. We are in Winnipeg for zone conference. Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment