So this week was great! We found 4 people this week! One of them, Tayshia, was such a miracle! So we received a notification to follow up with someone who wasn't interested in the church but we decided to follow up and see if he was interested yet. Well, when we knocked on the door, Tayshia answered and said we could come back the next day. So we did, and taught her the Restoration, which she really liked! She said we could come back and teach her some more! We also had interviews with President Hitchcock this week, which was great! He's awesome. Earlier this week we also helped a lady in our ward, Sister McDonald make cookies for an activity day and she did a little dance with a chef hat on, it was hilarious. She's awesome and so funny, I love her.
So to tell you about my awkward subject line, we did White Pony Lodge this weekend and this guy who was in our group picked up a flyer which happened to be a Mennonite pamphlet. I started talking about how I met some Mennonite people in Ontario and in Winnipeg and I was like, "Some of them were really nice, but some of them were really rude and just ripped us apart." Well, to my utter horror, he gently punched me in the arm and said "tread lightly there", after which I realized he is Mennonite and I totally just roasted his entire religion after talking about how people always roast the church
if I could pick any moment to die, then would have been good. I felt so bad! He was nice though, and he didn't say much about it and then it was all fine because he talked to me and Sister Stephens about the church and other stuff. He at one point made a joke because he found a shoe and he was like "you wanna know the German word for shoe? Das Boot" and then a few minutes later, I found a sock and I was like "Hey, you wanna know the English word for sock?" they were all like, "yeah", and I was like "it's sock" 
it was seriously the best joke ever
I'm hilarious.
Anways, as a surprise for you all, I GOT A WEAVE. I've been wanting to do it for a while but today I finally did! That's my announcement.
Now for my spiritual thought! I've done a lot of thinking about faith this week. There's so much I could tell you but the thing I want you all to know is that it's okay if you don't have faith, start with hope and grow from there. Heavenly Father DOES know you, and He loves you! So have faith and don't let hard times get you down! Think about this: if you don't have faith that Heavenly Father will answer your prayers, what's the point of asking? There is none! We have to have faith of we want answers. If we doubt that He will help us, then why would He bother to allow to see miracles? Anyways, I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week!
Love, Sister Talbot
P. S. The church is true!!! 




No comments:
Post a Comment