Sunday, June 2, 2019

Squirrel!!! and a 10 hour drive

So this week has been really crazy! I've been very busy! I had to drive all the way to Regina which was a 10 hour drive. The drive was really pretty too! Then I got here and met my new companion, Sister Stephens, she's great! She is super nice. It was really sad saying goodbye to people in Bergland, but I have met a lot of people that I love already! Also, today, we ran over a squirrel! It was sad...

Saturday, we had the chance to go to White Pony Lodge, which is a volunteer service where you walk around and pick up heroine needles, cookers, and things like that. It's kinda sketchy because it's in a bad part of town but it's really fun and we're safe!

Last night we were tracting and found a new Person, he's pretty nice. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it! There's also a guy in our apartment building that is super interesed in what we do as missionaries. We gave him a Book of Mormon too and he said he would read it! He's super nice, he keeps wanting to make meals for us, we just haven't found a good time to do it!

Anways, I love you all and Im sorry this email is so short! But to end with a spiritual thought, this is Luke 18:9-14 " 9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
   10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
   11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
   12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
   13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
   14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

Remember that you can give all to the Lord, but if you do it out of pride, it will be as though you gave nothing. Remember humility in all you do! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Talbot ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment