Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Chocolate cake brings Miracles!

 Hello everyone!! This week's email is gonna be a bit short since I don't have much time to write. I am so excited for General Conference!!! Not only because of that, but because we are going to have so many people we're teaching watch it with us! There's one who we brought a German chocolate cake to because she was having a tough day and we ended up having a super cool discussion with her!! She's super awesome, so we're excited to see her progress! Also this week, someone decided to go mudding on the front lawn of the church so that's cool...
Other than that, not a whole bunch of stuff has been going on this week. We saw a hearse that is now used as a regular car 😂 super funny. There's a member in the branch that had the same birthday as me so it was fun to hang out with the family because they're our favorites! I held a hamster and finally took some 9 month mark pictures! So in our mission, the Sisters, when they hit their 9 month mark, use pillows to look like they're 9 months pregnant haha so I did that too! Anyways, other than all that random and strange news, I want to share a message with you that I hope will help you this week!

Sometimes, we think we know what is best for us. Whether it's a promotion or moving or even a small decision. What we sometimes forget is that God knows what's really best for us and He wants to help us grow and reach our potential. In an inspirational message called "The Will of God" Elder D. Todd Christofferson talks about a general authority who owned a farm and how he cut a Current Bush that wasn't growing. He said that the Bush appeared to be crying and asking why it had been cut down. He replied "I am the Gardener here, and I know what I want you to be." As the story goes on, the General Authority joined the military and was in line for a promotion. He was fully qualified for the position of General but it was denied him because he was a member of the church. As he walked back to his tent, he shook his fist in the air and said "How could you do this to me God?" He said that he heard a voice in his head reminding him of the Bush he had cut down. The voice said "I am the Gardener here, and I know what I want you to be."

May you all remember that God knows what He needs you to be and He will take you to your highest potential. Trust in Him and know that He will do all things for your good! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!! ❤️ ❤️
Love, Sister Talbot 





No comments:

Post a Comment