Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Canadian Thanksgiving haha) I hope you are all doing well! This week was great, sooo much happened! First of all, we had a major snow storm this weekend with winds up to 60km/hr! President Hitchcock told our zone that we had to stay inside all day and not drive, but if we had to we could walk places.... So we decided to go do some things and walked for almost 3 hours in this storm
Anyways, a super cool thing that happened this week is that we went to Brokenhead Reserve and found this guy we've been talking to on Facebook about the Gospel, and we weren't sure if we should teach him for sure but we both felt prompted to go to his house, and we had a really great lesson with him! He's been through a lot, but he really wants to change his life around. It was awesome.
We also painted birdhouses with a recent convert who's not been able to come to church since she has bad health. It was super fun! And I painted a super pretty birdhouse which I'm quite proud of! It's beautiful haha so the lesson from that experience is that if God can give the gift of tongues, he can give the gift of painting 
She even invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner! It was good!
So this week, we were at a lesson, and the lady we were teaching was talking about her daughters and stuff, and she said something that really stuck out to me. She said, "We won't let it matter" and I just really loved that because it reminded me of the Savior. Whenever we come to Him and humbly ask Him to forgive us for our shortcomings, our mistakes, our sins, and our weaknesses, He helps us overcome, and then says "We won't let it matter. It's in the past. Be Still and trust me."
In my studies yesterday, I was reading the song "Master, The Tempest Is Raging" and it is one of my favorite songs. I just love how it kind of connects with that saying "We won't let it matter". The fear is gone, the troubles are over, rest in the Savior and breathe. I invite you all this week to listen to this song and then study the scriptures that go with it. I know that when we are troubled, fearful, doubtful, and faithless, and it seems like "no shelter or help is nigh", the Savior will rebuke the winds and calm the storms inside of us so that we can truly feel "Heaven within [our] breast". Don't ever forget that you are a child of God and He loves you. I hope you are all able to feel that love within you and that you share it with others.
Have a great week!
Love, Sister Talbot


No comments:
Post a Comment