Thursday, November 7, 2019

To the Stoon! Leaving Selkirk

 Hi everyone! I have some sad but exciting news! Sadly, I am to be leaving Selkirk, but I will going to.... Saskatoon, Saskatchewan! I'm so excited because I will be finishing a new sister's training! I'm kinda nervous also.

 This week has been pretty crazy. We've been busy trying to talk to people and meet with them, but this week, we've done lots of service. This lady we've been doing service for has soo many bricks in the backyard, but when we started digging them out of the ground, there was more! Soo many bricks lol but then, we went to rake someone's leaves and they said no... But only because their sons wanted to rake the leaves with their dad. We found some red maple leaves in her yard though, so that was cool. 

 We went to a ladys house this week that we we work with at the soup kitchen, and we made pierogis with her! It was so fun. They were delicious. And then, when we left, we noticed that she had a whole ton of red leaves so we took tons of them lol
So many other things happened this week that I don't have time to share but I will share a spiritual thought with you all!

 So last night we were watching the Bible videos, and we watched the acts of the apostles. When we were watching the video about how Peter and John were arrested, it just kind of inspired me how even when they were threatened, beaten, and persecuted, they continued to preach the gospel in the Savior's name. It really inspired me because they set such an example as missionaries! No matter what situation or circumstances we are in, no matter what we face, there is always a way to preach the gospel to our brothers and sisters. This week, I invite you all to pray for missionary opportunities, and the courage to naturally but confidently share the gospel with someone.

I hope you all have a great week and that you know how much I love you and how much Heavenly Father loves you! ❤️

Happy Halloween!!
Love, Sister Talbot



No comments:

Post a Comment